Use less effort and get a better shine with a commercial floor cleaning machine
When you’ve invested in a new floor – perhaps a laminate or vinyl floor system from Mannington – you’ll want to keep it in top condition. We’ve previously described how to keep laminate floors looking like new and how to clean ceramic floor tiles, but the tips and tricks we provided all focus on using household items as your cleaning weaponry. In this post, you’ll learn how to clean your floor like a real professional – using a commercial floor cleaning machine.
Why would you want to use a commercial floor cleaning machine?
Consider cutting a lawn with a pair of scissors versus using a comfortable, ride-on mower. That’s the difference between getting down and dirty cleaning a laminate floor on your hands and knees, and gliding across the surface with a commercial floor cleaner. Here are the three main benefits of scrubbing floors the professional way:
1. Easier cleaning process
Set the scrubber to clean as you want it to, and direct it across the floor. Easy. Far less effort than mops, buckets, cloths, and magic solutions.
2. It’s more efficient
You’ll use less water and less elbow grease to remove dirt and grime. As the machine cleans, it shines. You’re left with an almost instantaneously clean, dry, and shiny floor.
3. No need to ban the family from a room for hours
After mopping, your floor could take hours to dry. The last thing you want is for the kids to run across it and leave annoying footprints across a drying floor. Because a commercial floor cleaner uses less water, it dries far faster. Almost as soon as you’ve cleaned, you can use the room again.
Of course, these benefits are even better for businesses. Shorter cleaning times and more efficient cleaning could save hundreds or even thousands of dollars over the course of a year. And faster drying floors are safer for employees and customers.
How do you use a commercial floor cleaner?
The secret to getting the best floor finish from a floor cleaner is to prepare the floor, set the machine up, and go! Here’s the steps to take to get the perfect shine:
- Remove furniture from the room
- Sweep and dust the floor to remove any debris.
- Make sure your machine is fully charged.
- Check that all hoses are connected correctly.
- Fill the tank with clean water and the recommended cleaning solution.
- Use the pad or brush appropriate to the floor type (see the manufacturer’s instructions).
- Clean from the outside in. Work close to the walls first.
- Use a wide, sweeping movement as you clean.
- Instead of concentrating on the whole room, work in sections.
- If the floor needs another scrub, repeat steps 3 to 9.
- Use a mop to clean those difficult-to-get-to spots.
- Replace the furniture when the floor is dry.
Now all you have to do is empty the cleaning machine and hose the inside. When the water runs clean, the machine is ready to be put away. That’s all there is to it. If you don’t own a commercial floor cleaner and want a professional clean to return your floor’s previous luster, contact Porter's. Our professional cleaning services will bring your floor back to life. And if you want to completely renew your floor, we’ll also be able to help you choose the best vinyl or laminate from Mannington’s extensive range.